Dunvant RFC | Under 14s 12 - 50 Gowerton RFC | Under 14s
Jack Griffin
1 Try
Brandon Jones
3 Try
Cameron Jones
1 Try
Troy Davies
1 Try
Louis Davies
5 Conversion
2 Try

Match Report
30 March 2017 / Team News

U14's v Dunvant - Tale of Two Halves

The boys had their first club game since the 12th February and it showed in the first 20 minutes of play.  The weather was good for running rugby although a strong breeze straight down the pitch would prove challenging.  Playing against the wind first half, Dunvant's tactics were clear from the off with their outside half kicking beautifully and pinning us deep into our 22 for long periods of the opening 20 minutes.  Early pressure saw Dunvant take the lead after just 4 minutes as they crashed over in the far corner but the conversion was missed.  Continued pressure by Dunvant along with accurate kicking from the outside half meant we couldn't get any territory going at all.  On 23 minutes Dunvant crossed over for a well worked try, this time the conversion was successful and they led 12-0.  A few stern words by the coaching team seemed to do the trick as we then began to play and on 27 minutes a nice move saw Brandon Jones break through a few tackles and dive over in the corner, the conversion was missed, 12-5.  Straight from the kick off, a move started on our own try line by full back Scott Cornelius culminated in a length of the pitch move involving several players and finished once more by Brandon Jones under the posts, Louis Davies converted to make it 12-12 at the break.

Those late tries in the first half changed the mood of the boys and they all had their tails up ready for the second half.  Within 4 minutes of the restart Jack Griffin crashed over from short distance to score, Louis Davies converted to go 12-19 up.  3 minutes later another slick move saw captain Troy Davies run in unopposed and another successful conversion by Louis Davies made it 12-26. Dunvant were now struggling themselves to get out of their own half and up against a strong wind, and on 16 minutes Cameron Jones crashed over for a lovely try which Louis Davies once more converted to make it 12-33.  The pressure and possession were now mounting on Dunvant's creaking defencce and Brandon Jones capped a magnificent all round performance with his third try of the game on 22 minutes, Louis Davies slotting over the conversion, 12-40.  The boys were all looking to get invloved and the ball was passing through hands and long passes thrown.  On 26 minutes another full length move saw Louis Davies score a nice try near the corner flag, but the conversion was missed to make it 12-45.  With the last play of the match, we attacked once more and a break by Sam Terry looked as though he was going to score but a lovely offload from the tackle so Louis Davies in support to complete a fine all round performance and score his second and Gowerton's eighth try of the game.  The conversion was missed and the referee blew up for full time. Dunvant 12 Gowerton 50.  After a sluggish, rusty start, 50 unanswered points saw a convincing performance in the end. 

Access to player list for this team is restricted. To view the player list you must be logged in and request access.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos