Vardre RFC | Under 14s 7 - 57 Gowerton RFC | Under 14s
Louis Davies
4 Conversion
1 Try
Adam Williams
1 Conversion
Adam Price
1 Try
Steffan Stock
1 Try
Troy Davies
1 Try
Brandon Jones
1 Try
Cameron Jones
1 Conversion
Alexander Graham-woollard
1 Try
Steffan Richards
2 Try
Theo Evans
1 Try

Match Report
14 February 2017 / Team News


Under the shadow of the Inco Mond chimney, on a bitterly cold Sunday morining and a brisk northerly wind going straight down the pitch we took on Vardre.  The game started with numerous errors from both teams with the boys getting to grips with the cold conditions.  On 7 minutes a flowing back move saw the ball reach fullback Steff Richards who dummied a pass to the winger and cut back inside the defensive line to run in under the posts.  Louis Davies converted.  2 Minutes later we were attacking once more and speedy winger Theo Evans run unopposed along the far touchline to score under the posts which Louis Davies once more converted to make it 0-14.  Despite these early setbacks, Vardre did manage to put a few decent moves together and kept possession well and it resulted in their strong and fast winger to run through about 4 or 5 weak tackles to score under the posts and this was converted 7-14 after 13 minutes.  This spurred Gowerton who scored three further first half tries with Brandon Jones scoring after 16 minutes, Steff Richards getting his second on 23 minutes and Steff Stock scoring a try on his first game for a number of weeks.  The last try being converted to make the score 7-31 at the interval.

With the wind at our backs and Vardre starting to look down hearted, it was no surprise to see the second half start the way it did with Troy Davies charging through after just 2 minutes, although a missed conversion by Louis Davies kept the score to 7-36.  2 Minutes later a lovely move saw the ball reach Adam Price at outside centre and with Steff Richards outside him, Adam drew the last defender with a lovely dummy and dived over for a well worked try.  Louis Davies converted 7-43.  Straight from the kick off Alex Graham-Wollard took the ball and ran three quarters of the length of the pitch to score a delightful solo effort.  Adam Williams stepped up and converted the try in front of the posts. 7-50.  By now it was all Gowerton and after 14 minutes Louis Davies crossed over for a simple try which Cameron Jones successfully dropped kicked the conversion to make it 7-57 and bring the game to a premature ending with some 15 minutes still left on the clock.  Players and parents didn't seem to mind this as the biting wind was no friend to anyone.  Not one of our hardest games and with Morriston looming in a few weeks, plenty to ponder for the coaches. 

Access to player list for this team is restricted. To view the player list you must be logged in and request access.

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos